Tuesday, June 24, 2014

So what do I make of this?

So tonight, we were on our way home from going out a bit. 

One of our boundaries is that, when it comes to my girl clothes, I am responsible for my own laundry.  No big deal.

So I remembered that I needed to do some laundry, and asked my wife if the washer was going to be free tonight.  She said yes, and I reassured her that I would make sure my clothes were out of the dryer in the morning, before she got up.  She replied, "Oh that's fine.  If I need to do some laundry, I'll just wait till Thursday if your stuff is still in the dryer."

Now, I'm trying to not take things badly.  I really am.  I don't want to take things the wrong way, and I don't want to start any arguments, particularly since it's late.  But she would rather wait an extra day to do her laundry rather than sully her pristine little digits by removing a few pairs of panties from the dryer to make room for her laundry.  Panties, I might add, that are very little different from the ones she wears every day.

Is she really that disgusted by the thought that the panties are mine and not hers that she won't even look at them, in fact will wait a whole additional day so that I can remove these filthy disgusting garments from the dryer?

She still calls my crossdressing, "that thing you do" or "the stuff you do," rather than call it what it is.

I'm still relegated to dressing late at night after she's gone to bed, and only in my office, just so there's no chance that she will lay her innocent eyes on me wearing anything less than manly.

I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt here, honest I am.  But how else am I supposed to take these things?  I see very little sign of flexibility in her.  I see very little sign that these boundaries will ever change.  The boundaries that seem to be only around me, not around her.  The boundaries that seem to be for her comfort and protection, never mine.

Color me sad, frustrated, a little resentful.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, hon. I figured all this out, too. Talked to my counselor about it, and we came to the same conclusion. Dee didn't mean anything bad by it. The good thing is that I didn't make a big deal out of it. I'm getting better at thinking things through instead of just reacting. But thanks for taking the time to post on it! I appreciate your point of view a lot :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad of that. I had faith that you would work it out because [patronise]you're a clever girl[/patronise].

    ReplyDelete